Efficient cleaning of moulds and tools is becoming increasingly important, not only to improve quality and productivity but also to reduce costs by minimising wear of moulds and tools and avoiding shut-down time and. With its ASCOJET dry ice blasting technology, ASCO CARBON DIOXIDE LTD offers a powerful but gentle cleaning method to clean all kind of moulds and tools (e.g. ingot moulds, core boxes). ASCO specialises in integrating dry ice blasting into the daily work process and many foundries have already benefitted from this experience.
The advantages of ASCOJET dry ice blasting:
- Gentle: The surfaces of moulds and tools are not damaged or altered.
- No dismantling: ASCOJET Dry Ice Blasting can be applied directly onto the production equipment. The forms do not need to be removed or cooled down allowing virtually continuous production and avoiding expensive shut-down time. This way the cleaning process can easily be integrated as a fixed part of the production process.
- No secondary waste: The blasting material, dry ice, turns to gas as soon as it hits the surface. Thus, there is no blasting material to be disposed of. Best of all, work conditions are improved because dry ice blasting does not expose the staff to additional dust from sand or grit blasting.
- Environmentally friendly: As no secondary waste is created and no chemical substances are used, ASCOJET dry ice blasting is an environmentally friendly cleaning method.
- Dry: As this blasting system leaves a dry surface, there is no danger that electrical components are damaged.